TaxReturnGuide.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1041 allocation of qualified dividends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TaxReturnGuide.com Forum Index -> Taxes - Moderated
JJ Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: 1041 allocation of qualified dividends Reply with quote

I'm confused by line 2a and 2b of form 1041. If the trust
must distribute all of the income and none of the principle,
it seems to me that all of the qualified dividends would be
allocated to the sole beneficiary in all cases. And yet
line 2b allows for an allocation with no clue either in the
instructions or the publications as to a basis for that
allocation. Under what circumstances would an allocation
occur? I know I'm missing something. TIA

>
>
>
>

Archived from group: misc>taxes>moderated
MTW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1041 allocation of qualified dividends Reply with quote

JJ Jones wrote:

> Under what circumstances would an allocation
> occur?

Probably in a case where the trust is not REQUIRED to
distribute all income currently and/or where the amount of
income distributed is DISCRETIONARY with the trustee.

MTW

>
>
>
>

Related Topics:
AMT Trust income - Qualified Dividends I am benficiary of a trust which has only qualified dividend income of $15000. Management fees (5000) are deducted at the Trust level and I am reported $10000 of income for regular tax purposes and 15000 for AMT purposes. $5000 therefore loses its chara

Question about qualified versus ordinary dividends I recently received my 1099-DIV from my broker and noticed that the brokerage company has divided my dividends into qualified and ordinary dividends for me, rather than relying on me to do it myself. Had they done this correctly, it would have been fine.

IRS Official -Change Rules-Qualified Dividends INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Tax Law Changes for All Taxpayers Tax Years 2003 and Later Change to Rules for Qualified Dividends Under current law, qualified dividends received after 2002 are taxed to individuals, estates, and trusts at the new lower capital

15% tax on dividends and dividends from foreign corporations I understand that if the foreign corporation is listed on U.S. stock exchnages, than the dividend is qualified for the 15% max. tax. Royal Dutch is listed on NYSE. Would I be correct to assume that if I buy Royal Dutch on the local stock exchange (Nether

1041 help My father-in-law set up a marital trust upon the death of his wife in 1992. He is required under the trust agreement to withdraw all earnings which he has always done. He has the discretion to take out the principal which he has never done until 2003. I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TaxReturnGuide.com Forum Index -> Taxes - Moderated All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: